BAKERY TEAM MEMBER
We are Bread SRSLY, makers of wildly nourishing, SERIOUSLY delicious, gluten-free and vegan sourdough bread in Berkeley, CA. Our mission is to reunite people with sourdough when they thought good bread was off the table. We bake thousands of loaves of bread each week and ship them all over the US to eager gluten-free eaters. We value organic ingredients, sustainable business practices, livable wages, fun in the workplace, and meaningful relationships with our staff, our vendors and our customers.
We are looking for kind, curious learners with food production experience to join our vibrant team. We are looking for someone who exemplifies our Company Culture of Communication, Respect, Teamwork, Safety and Food Safety. We are looking for collaborative team members who take initiative and bring friendly good vibes to the workplace.
This position reports to the Production Manager. The Bakery Team Member is a dynamic role, and helps out in multiple stations per day, with an emphasis on supporting Order Fulfillment and Dishwashing.
Our ideal candidate loves numbers, puzzles, details and due dates. This is a non-exempt leadership position that reports to the CEO. This highly collaborative role works closely with Shift Leads, People Lead, Process Lead, and SMEs from other stations, as well as the Account Manager, Customer Care, and Operations teams.
- Assisting with bakery operations including mixing, baking, packaging, dishwashing, order fulfillment, and cleaning
- Assisting with Common Area Cleaning responsibilities including COVID-specific cleaning
- Maintaining Safety and Food Safety standards and following company procedures
- Completing appropriate station documentation as assigned
- Following Quality Control protocols for each station
- Cooperating and collaborating with coworkers, leads and supervisors
- Other duties as assigned
- You aim to do your best each day
- You prioritize Food Safety and Worker Safety at all times in the workplace
- You crave feedback and respond to it gracefully
- You deliver feedback constructively
- You treat people with respect
- You are eager to learn, teach and share
- You help our business succeed
- Able to be on your feet for 8 hours
- Eager to communicate clearly and adapt to changes quickly
- Confident working both solo and as part of a team
- Organized, efficient, and not afraid of timelines
- Strong! And able to lift at least 50 pounds
- Ability to work onsite in Berkeley
- Conversational English and writing comprehension
- Conversational Spanish
- At least 1 year experience working in a production kitchen
- Ability to follow our Good Manufacturing Processes
- Food handler's certification a plus
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- 80 hours paid vacation per year
- Paid sick leave
- 65% coverage of Medical, Dental and Vision benefits, 35% coverage for dependents
- Paid holidays (New Years Day, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day)
- Delicious gluten-free bread to take home each week
Schedule: Sunday-Thursday 9am-6pm
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. If this sounds like you, please send a resume (or a list of past work experience) and your schedule availability to email@example.com. We look forward to meeting you!