We are Bread SRSLY, makers of wildly nourishing, SERIOUSLY delicious, gluten-free and vegan sourdough bread in Berkeley, CA. Our mission is to reunite people with sourdough when they thought good bread was off the table. We bake thousands of loaves of bread each week and ship them all over the US to eager gluten-free eaters. We value organic ingredients, sustainable business practices, livable wages, fun in the workplace, and meaningful relationships with our staff, our vendors and our customers.
The Logistics Coordinator is our juggler of scheduling and interdependencies. From shipping and receiving to vendor management, you help Bread SRSLY’s operations run smoothly. With your quick, clear communication, you are able to solve problems before they occur, keep your teammates on track to succeed in their daily roles, and provide the feedback needed to create a seamless customer experience. You nimbly switch between tasks while still achieving your to-dos on schedule, and you can create and maintain your own to-do lists and timelines. You help facilitate communication between the Office team and the Production teams by having a role in each.
We are looking for a team player who is proud of their work. You like getting the job done, and done well while continually looking for how to improve.
Our ideal candidate loves numbers, puzzles, details and due dates, and values Communication, Collaboration, and Respect in the workplace. This position reports to the Operations Manager, and collaborates with the Production, Operations, Sales, and Marketing teams.
The Logistics Coordinator will:
- Be a leader and decision-maker in Order Fulfillment.
- Help all Order Fulfillment staff succeed in their roles.
- Coordinate outgoing shipments and logistics including:
- Manage timelines, communication, carriers, and costs
- Create shipping labels, manage paperwork, and create other deliverables
- Build and maintain relationships with carriers and other vendors
- Use our ERP Fishbowl for traceability, and participate in recalls and mock recalls
- Manage holiday shipping timelines, calendars, and communication
- Oversee Order Fulfillment Department including:
- Oversee Team Members in Order Fulfillment
- Train new staff in Order Fulfillment
- Manage department and employee needs in Order Fulfillment
- Assist with Order Fulfillment as needed
- Assist with production planning duties
- Manage inventory, purchasing and receiving, and paperwork, including:
- Manage inventories for Order Fulfillment
- Manage materials including sourcing, pricing, and contractual buys
- Be the backup purchaser for supplies and materials in other departments
- You aim to do your best each day
- You prioritize Food Safety and Worker Safety at all times in the workplace
- You prioritize GMPs
- You crave feedback and respond to it gracefully
- You deliver feedback constructively
- You treat people with respect
- You are eager to learn, teach and share
- You help our business succeed
- At least 2 years experience with warehousing, and shipping + receiving
- At least 1 year of people management experience
- Experience using an ERP, preferably Fishbowl
- Fluency with Google Sheets or Excel, including basic functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to lift and carry at least 50 lb
- Reliable transportation
- Conversational Spanish
- Prior Quickbooks experience
- Prior Shipstation experience
- Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- Paid vacation
- 6 Paid holidays per year
- Paid sick time
- Great coworkers
- Delicious gluten-free sourdough bread
Schedule: Monday-Friday. This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Occasional Sunday work may be required for vacation coverage of Order Fulfillment. If this sounds like you, please send a resume (or a list of past work experience) and your schedule availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to meeting you!