Sadie's Gluten-Free Ricotta Cake
Adapted from this recipe!
1 ½ cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free 1:1 Baking Flour
½ cup white sugar
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons date sugar (we like Just Date)
2 teaspoons baking powder
¾ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups ricotta
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 stick of butter, melted
A handful of fresh berries
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. In a medium bowl, sift together white sugar and date sugar. Whisk in flour, baking powder, and salt. Then set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix together eggs, ricotta, and vanilla. Gently whisk in the dry mixture of sugar, flour, baking powder, and salt.
4. Finally, gently fold in the melted butter.
5. Pour the cake batter into a greased 9" cake pan and top with fresh berries.
6. Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Sadie's Note: This cake is great with cream cheese icing if you'd like some extra decadence!