Cheesy Pumpkin Bread Pudding (Gluten-Free)
Turn bread pudding into a savory, seasonal dish for fall by using canned pumpkin puree, crispy sage and melty cheese. Made with Bread SRSLY Seeded Sourdough, this is the perfect crowd-pleasing side dish for holiday potlucks and dinner parties!
Recipe and photos by Fiona Riddle // @feelgoodwithfi
Makes 4 to 6 servings
2 cups milk of your choice
1.5 cups pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
1.5 cups shredded cheese (we used cheddar)
2 tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
Handful of fresh sage leaves
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Cut the bread into 1 inch cubes and place on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for about 30 minutes to dry out the bread.
3. Allow bread to cool and turn the oven to 350 degrees.
4. Add the eggs, milk, pumpkin, 1 cup of cheese and salt to a bowl and mix well to combine. Add the bread and toss to combine.
5. Grease a large oven safe dish and pour the bread mixture in. Top with the remaining cheese and cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes then remove the foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until bread has absorbed the liquid and is crisp around the edges.
6. While it bakes, add the oil to a small pan and add the sage leaves to crisp them up. Remove the bread pudding from the oven, top with the crispy sage and enjoy!