Gluten-Free Egg in a Hole Grilled Cheese
We've combined two of our favorite comfort foods—the egg in a hole (or toad in a hole) and the grilled cheese sandwich—for the perfect combination of melted cheese, yolky goodness, and crispy, crunchy gluten-free sourdough that hits the spot for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Recipe created by Micah Siva // @noshwithmicah
2 slices Bread SRSLY Classic Gluten-Free Sourdough, sliced diagonally at about 1/2 inch thickness
1 tbsp butter
2 large eggs
1/3 cup shredded cheese, or non-dairy alternative
Pepper, to taste
- Use a small cup or jam jar lid to cut a circle from each slice of bread.
- Heat butter in a pan over medium-low heat.
- Add both slices of bread to the pan. Crack an egg into each piece.
- Let the egg set, and carefully flip, making sure the eggs don’t break.
- Top each slice of bread with cheese, cooking for 2-3 minutes, or until the bread is golden.
- Stack the pieces to close the sandwich, flipping 1-2 times until the cheese has melted.
- Top with freshly ground pepper, and enjoy!