Gluten-Free Buffalo Chicken Burgers with Yogurt Dill Slaw (Dairy-Free Option)
This is theeee ultimate bbq recipe for summer if you want to ~ spice ~ it up on the grill. These buffalo chicken burgers are gluten-free and can be made dairy-free too! This recipe also scales well if you want to double it up for a crowd, or just your weekly meal prep!
Recipe created by Fiona Riddle // @feelgoodwithfi
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free option
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 burgers
For the Burgers:
1 lb ground chicken
1/4 sweet onion, finely diced
1/4 cup parsley, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup of your favorite buffalo sauce (plus more for later)
1/2 tsp salt
For the Yogurt Dill Slaw:
2 cups green cabbage, thinly sliced and chopped
1/4 cup dill, finely chopped
1/4 cup greek yogurt (can use dairy-free)
1 garlic clove, grated
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/2 tsp salt
4 Gluten-Free Sourdough Sandwich Rolls, sliced in half
Your favorite Mayo (we like to mix our mayo with buffalo sauce!)
- Add all of the burger ingredients to a large bowl and mix well until fully combined. Refrigerate for about 10 minutes to help the mixture stick together.
- While the chicken chills, make the slaw. Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl and mix well until fully combined.
- Heat a grill to medium heat, and while it warms up, form the burgers. Divide the burger mixture into 4 balls then shape each into a flat, quarter pound patty. Oil the grill grates by adding avocado oil to a paper towel, then rubbing the paper towel on the grill with tongs.
- Add the burgers to the heated grill and cook for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, add the sliced rolls to the grill, cut side down and flip the burgers. Once flipped, brush extra buffalo sauce on the burgers (about 1 tbsp each) and cook for another 5 minutes. Check the burgers with a thermometer to ensure the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees before removing from the grill.
- (If you do not have a grill, you can cook the burgers in a pan on the stove over medium heat with a little avocado oil. They will cook for the same amount of time this way).
- To assemble, spread your favorite mayo on the bottom of a bun, add a patty and top with a heap of the yogurt dill slaw!