Gluten-Free Plant-Based Breakfast Sandwich
This Gluten-Free Plant-Based Breakfast Sandwich recipe, stacked high with turmeric roasted tofu, cheese, spinach, and a vegan breakfast faux-sage sandwiched between an airy Bread SRSLY Gluten-Free Sourdough Sandwich Roll is a breakfast worth waking up for! For a soy-free version, use your favorite egg replacements. Or if you eat eggs, feel free to add those instead!
Recipe created by Micah Silva // @nutritionxkitchen
Gluten-Free, Vegan, Nut-Free Option
1 400g package firm tofu, cut into ½ inch thick square, or cut into a circle using a drinking glass
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tsp turmeric powder
¼ tsp black pepper
2 tsp everything bagel spice
4 plant-based sausage patties
4 slices plant-based cheese, nut-free if preferred
4 Bread SRSLY Gluten-Free Sourdough Sandwich Rolls, sliced in half
1 tbsp plant-based butter
1 cup spinach
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Add tofu to the tray, and drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, turmeric, pepper, and everything bagel spice. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, butter the cut side of the Bread SRSLY Gluten-Free Sourdough Sandwich Rolls.
- Remove tray from the oven and flip the tofu.
- Add plant-based patties and buttered rolls to the tray. Top each roll with a slice of plant-based cheese.
- Bake for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until tofu is golden and the patties are cooked through.
- To assemble, add spinach to each bottom bun, and top with the plant-based patty, tofu, and sandwich with the top bun. Enjoy!