Lightened Up Asparagus Gratin (Gluten-Free, Vegetarian)
Make the most of spring's bountiful produce and whip up this easy veggie showstopper! Fresh asparagus, savory cheese and our gluten-free sourdough come together quickly to make a side dish that will have the entire table reaching for seconds.
Recipe created by Fiona Riddle // @feelgoodwithfi
Gluten-free, Vegetarian, Can be made plant-based
2 slices Bread SRSLY Gluten-Free Classic Sourdough
1 bunch fresh asparagus, ends trimmed
1/3 cup milk of your choice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus a little more to top, can use vegan)
1/2 teaspoon coconut flour
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 300°F.
2. Add the bread slices to a baking sheet and allow them to bake for about 10 minutes or until dried out. Break the slices into smaller pieces and add to a food processor. Blend to make bread crumbs.
3. Turn the oven up to 415°F. Add the asparagus in a single layer to a baking dish.
4. Whisk the milk, mustard, cheese, coconut flour and seasonings in a small bowl. Pour this mixture over the asparagus and toss to thoroughly coat the asparagus.
5. Top with extra cheese and the bread crumbs. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the asparagus becomes fork tender.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!