Apple Pie French Toast (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Serve up your favorite nostalgic dessert for breakfast with this recipe for Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free Apple Pie French Toast! Bread SRSLY Classic Gluten-Free Sourdough is paired with maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and topped with stewed cinnamon apples. You'll feel like you're biting into your grandma’s apple pie!
Recipe created by Micah Silva // @nutritionxkitchen
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 apples, thinly sliced
1 tsp lemon zest
Juice of 1 lemon
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ cup maple syrup
¼ cup water
1/3 cup plant-based milk
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract, gluten-free
½ tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 loaf Bread SRSLY Classic Gluten-Free Sourdough, sliced diagonally
1 tbsp coconut oil
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add apples, cooking for 2-3 minutes or until they begin to soften. Add lemon zest, lemon juice, cinnamon, and nutmeg, stirring to combine.
- Add maple syrup and water. Cook for an additional 4-6 minutes or until the apples are tender. Set aside.
- Make the French toast: In a shallow dish, whisk together eggs, plant-based milk, maple syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Soak each slice of Bread SRSLY Classic Sourdough for 1-2 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, heat coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add soaked bread, cooking for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden.
- Top French toast with cinnamon apples.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!