Gluten-Free Mozzarella Arancini
Recipe created by Micah Silva // @nutritionxkitchen
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Nut-Free
2 tbsp olive oil
½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
¾ cup dry white wine
¾ cup vegetable stock
1 cup parmesan grated
¼ cup heavy cream
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1 large egg
½ cup mozzarella, cut into 12, ¼ inch cubes
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried basil
¼ tsp sea salt
Vegetable oil, to fry
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, cooking until the onion begins to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add Lotus Foods' precooked Organic White Jasmine Rice, stirring to break up the grains.
- Combine white wine and stock in a large measuring cup. Pour into the rice ¼ -1/3 cup at a time, stirring well between each addition, waiting until the liquid is fully absorbed before adding more liquid. Add the parmesan, cream, and parsley.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Once cooled, add the egg and ¼ cup breadcrumbs.
- Add the remaining breadcrumbs to a shallow dish with smoked paprika, garlic powder, dried basil, and sea salt.
- Scoop ¼ cup of the mixture, roll into a ball around a cube of mozzarella cheese, and roll firmly into the breadcrumbs to ensure they are firmly coated.
- Repeat with remaining rice mixture.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. To test if the oil is hot enough, add a small piece of breadcrumb, it should start sizzling right away.
- Fry the arancini in batches, turning every 1-2 minutes, until they are fully cooked (about 6-8 minutes) and all sides are golden.
- Transfer to a paper towel lined baking tray.
- Serve with marinara sauce and fresh basil, and enjoy!