Gluten-Free Ribollita Soup
Recipe created by Micah Silva // @nutritionxkitchen
Gluten-Free, Vegetarian/Vegan Option
1 ½ cup Bread SRSLY Classic Gluten-Free Sourdough, cut into ½ inch cubes
4 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, chopped
1 celery stalks, chopped
8 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium potato, cut into ½ inch cubes
1 small wedge parmesan rind (optional)
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
Pinch red pepper flakes
5 cups vegetable broth
28oz can chopped tomatoes
14oz can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 bunch Tuscan kale, chopped
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Add bread to a large baking tray and drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil. Bake for 5-10 minutes, or until golden.
- Heat remaining olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
- Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic, cooking for 8-10 minutes, or until softened.
- Add the potato, parmesan rind, thyme, bay leaf, red pepper flakes, broth and chopped tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook for 30-45 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the beans, 1 cup of the toasted bread cubes, and kale.
- Cook for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until the soup has thickened. Remove the parmesan rind, thyme, and bay leaf.
- Serve with remaining ½ cup bread, a drizzle of olive oil, and fresh parmesan (optional). Enjoy!