Mashed Potato Stuffing Casserole (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Get the quintessential flavors of the holiday season baked into one savory dish with this gluten-free and dairy-free Mashed Potato Stuffing Casserole recipe. I like to bake my casseroles in a cast-iron pan to maximize the crispy edges, but feel free to use whatever casserole dish you have on hand! Want to sweeten up the holiday spread this year? Try using sweet potatoes for a delicious twist.
Recipe created by Micah Silva // @nutritionxkitchen
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegetarian
2 large russet potatoes, peeled
4 tbsp olive oil
1 cup chopped celery
1 yellow onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp sage
1 tsp thyme
½ tsp smoked paprika
2 cups Bread SRSLY Gluten-Free Sourdough XL Pullman Loaf, cut into ½ inch cubes
1 cup plant-based milk, unsweetened
1 large egg
1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add potatoes to a pot with salted water. Bring to boil for 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are fork tender. Drain, and mash.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat, add celery, onion, carrots, and garlic. Cook for 6-7 minutes, or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Add sage, thyme, and paprika, cooking for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add Bread SRSLY Gluten-Free Sourdough XL Pullman bread cubes, stirring to coat. Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until bread is lightly browned.
- Transfer the contents to a bowl.
- Add mashed potatoes, milk, egg, and fresh parsley.
- Transfer to a greased 8x8 baking dish or cast iron pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden. Serve, and enjoy!