SRSLY GLUTEN-FREE SOURDOUGH S'MORES
Summer just isn't complete without a ooey, gooey, chocolatey s'more! Try this fun variation sandwiched between crispy cinnamon sugar mini sourdough toasts for a gluten-free and vegan treat.
Recipe created by Katie Matthews @farelyrooted
Gluten-free + Vegan
Makes: ~ 10-12 mini toasts for 5-6 loaded s’mores
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 12-14 minutes
SRSLY Cinnamon Sugar Mini-Toasts
1 loaf Bread SRSLY Classic Gluten-Free Sourdough, sliced into ¼ inch slices
¼ cup vegan butter (I used Miyoko’s), room temperature
2 tsp pure cane sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp vanilla extract
Vegan marshmallows (I used Dandies)
Dark chocolate bars
Dark chocolate peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Take each ¼ in slice of sourdough and trim off crust, turning each slice into a roughly 2” square. (Save crust and cut pieces to use for bread crumbs or croutons later!)
- In a small bowl, stir together butter, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla, until combined and creamy. Spread one side of each mini toast with the cinnamon butter and place, butter-side-up, on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes (14 for darker and crispier toasts), and then remove from the oven and let cool.
- Fire up your bonfire and arrange your s’mores platter with the cinnamon sugar toasts and your fillings of choice.
- Whether you burn your mallows to a crisp or patiently wait for them to reach that perfect golden hue, smash your mallows, chocolate, and everything else between two SRSLY Cinnamon-Sugar Mini Toasts for a gluten-free s’mores experience you’ll want to recreate all summer long.