Maple Bacon French Toast Bake (Gluten-Free, Vegan)
What’s better than French toast? A Gluten-Free, Vegan French Toast Bake that is packed with sweet maple and smoky “bacon”. We’ve partnered with Hooray Foods to make the ultimate brunch bake that can be prepped the night before! Our Classic Sourdough is the perfect loaf to soak up a creamy, maple-y vegan custard studded with plant-based bacon and pecans.
Recipe created by Micah Siva // @nutritionxkitchen
2 cups plant-based milk, unsweetened
1 cup silken tofu
½ cup maple syrup
2 tbsp ground flax seed
1 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
1 tbsp vanilla
¼ tsp turmeric
Pinch of sea salt
1 loaf Bread SRSLY Classic Sourdough, cut into ½ inch cubes
1 package Hooray Foods Bacon, cooked according to package directions, chopped
2 tbsp vegan butter, cubed
¼ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Generously grease an 8x8 baking dish with vegan butter.
- In a blender, combine milk, flaxseed, cornstarch, silken tofu, maple syrup, vanilla, turmeric, and sea salt.
- In a large bowl, combine cubed sourdough and chopped bacon. Pour the milk mixture over top and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Transfer the soaked bread mixture to the baking dish.
- Top with cubed butter and pecans.
- Bake, uncovered for 35-40 minutes, or until the top is golden.